General Company Info
Tata Consultancy Services is an IT services, consulting and business solutions organization that delivers real results to global business, ensuring a level of certainty no other firm can match. TCS offers a consulting-led, integrated portfolio of IT and IT-enabled, infrastructure, engineering and assurance services. This is delivered through its unique Global Network Delivery ModelTM, recognized as the benchmark of excellence in software development. A part of the Tata Group, India’s largest industrial conglomerate, TCS has a global footprint and is listed on the National Stock Exchange and Bombay Stock Exchange in India. For more information, visit us at www.tcs.com.
Products and Services:
- IT Services
- IT Infrastructure Services
- Enterprise Solutions
- Business Process Outsourcing
- Business Intelligence and Performance Management
- Engineering and Industrial Services
- Small and Medium Business
We are part of the Tata Group and 50% of TCS profits go into Tata Group charitable trusts.
1 World Financial Center, 21st Floor
New York, NY 10281
FY 2011/ 2012: 238,000
FY 2010/ 2011: 214,000
(11% increase in staff size)
FY 2011/ 2012 Revenue:
(24% increase from FY 2010/ 2011)
With 235,800+ consultants in 42 countries, TCS is one of the world’s largest IT Services, Consulting, and Business Solutions organizations. As a Software Engineer, you will have the opportunity to work for a company at the forefront of a rapidly expanding field. TCS continues to grow faster than the industry average, ensuring that throughout your career, you’ll have numerous opportunities for professional growth.
TCS offers Campus Hires robust training in our advanced Global Delivery Center, great flexibility in work locations, and the ability to utilize multiple technologies for clients like Cisco, Microsoft, Prudential, and Sony to name a few.
- 97% of 2010 revenues came from repeat customer business
- FY 2011 Global Top 10 Rankings (IT Services)
- Ranked #9 in Revenue
- Ranked #5 in Net Income
- Ranked #4 in Market Cap
- Ranked #4 in Number of Employees
- Ranked the 7th greenest company in the world according to Newsweek’s Green Rankings 2011 Global 500 List
- Awarded the 2010 Global Most Admired Knowledge Enterprises (MAKE) Individual Operating Unit Award - recognizing operating units that are global leaders at transforming enterprise knowledge into wealth-creating ideas, products and solutions.
- Recipient of the 2009 SAP Pinnacle Award in the “Global Partner Service Innovator” Category – this award recognizes SAP partners that have excelled in enhancing the customer experience, addressing critical issues such as accelerating co-innovation and improving return on investment.
- Winner of the Golden Peacock Award 2010 in the ‘large business’ category – this award recognizes Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)